Where: Madison High School, Middle School, Elementary School & City Auditorium
Entry Fee: 3- Game guarantee $100 Payable to "Madison Youth Tournament"
- Champion T-shirts for first place & Team Trophy
- Eight Team Brackets
- Concessions will be available
- Admission will be $5 adults and $3 students - under 6 yrs. old is free
- Sportsmanship will be expected by all players, coaches and spectators
General Rules and Regulations
- Regular South Dakota Basketball rules will be used with the exception of the rules
- Teams should report to their respective courts at least 15 minutes prior to their
scheduled game. Each team must supply their own warm up balls.
- Players may only play on one team.
- All team members must wear uniform shirts with visible numbers.
- All valuables should be collected before each game by a team coach or representative.
The Madison Booster Club assumes no responsibility for lost articles.
- Three 30 second time outs will be allowed per game.
- In case of overtime games, the overtime period will be 2 minutes. Each team will
be allowed 1 timeout.
- If games are running as scheduled, warm-up time will be limited only by scheduled
start time. If games are behind schedule, a 5 minute warm-up time will be used.
- The one and one goes into effect on the 7th team foul per half, 2-shots
on the 10th team foul.
- In the event of a technical foul, 2 points and the ball out of bounds will automatically
- Two eighteen-minute halves will be played with a running clock. The clock will stop
for whistles during the last two minutes of each half. There will be a 5 minute
break at the half.
- The three point field goal will only be played on marked courts.
- Regulation 28.5 basketballs will be used with regulation 10ft goals.
- Full court press in the 4th grade divisions will be limited to 2:00 left
in the current half. 5th and 6th grade divisions will be allowed
to press to a 10 point lead. Zone Defense Discouraged. NO 3rd Grade Press.
- Seeding Tiebreaker:
- Head-to-Head competition
- Points Allowed
- Head-to-Head again
- Point differential